a hotel to be experienced by all
Accessibility at Hayes Mansion
We strive to have a website that is accessible to individuals with disabilities. However, if you encounter any difficulty in using our site, please contact us. We will work with you to ensure that you have full access to the information available to the public on our site. Our customer service agents are also available at 408-226-3200 to provide you with assistance with and information about our hotels and programs.
We aim to extend genuine hospitality to all guests and visitors of our hotel. Our goal is to make it as effortless as possible for everyone, including people with disabilities, to access information about our hotel and to book a stay. If you encounter problems learning about our hotel or booking a stay, we encourage you to contact us by telephone or email. Our helpful staff will be delighted to assist you.
200 Edenvale Avenue
San Jose, California 95136
We are committed to providing an easy-to-use online experience for all guests, regardless of their device type or reliance on assistive technology (including screen readers, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software) should be able to use our site online at https://hayesmansion.com/
To ensure this, Hayes Mansion complies with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing programs thoughtfully adhere to these guidelines, and are continuously updated and enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to confirm that we meet or exceed Level AA of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
If you have questions or concerns, or would like to report an issue related to the accessibility features of our website, please contact us at [email protected].
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) here.
In addition, our full site was tested using SiteImprove, a third party authority in web accessibility. The website is routinely tested to ensure that any new or newly edited content conforms with the most up-to-date accessibility guidelines, as reported by the SiteImprove tool.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you are experiencing difficulty reading the Hayes Mansion website on your screen, changing the settings on your browser may help to improve the readability and visibility of each page. Find out more about the accessibility features of these leading Internet Browsers through the links below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click here for Google Accessibility Features
- Microsoft Edge : Click here for Microsoft Edge Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click here for Apple Accessibility Support
HOTEL WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
The website for Hayes Mansion was developed to be fully accessible to all site visitors and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. It conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
- Navigation Shortcuts: To navigate our website, use the tab key to explore the elements of each page and the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
- Structured, Semantic Markup: HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our sitemap for easy navigation at: https://hayesmansion.com/sitemap_index.xml
- Images Visibility: All content images include descriptive ALT attributes.
The website is designed to conform to Level AA compliance, as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which details the reasoning behind each guideline.
- Section 508, which includes information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
ACCESSIBILITY SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
The following free tools and services are available to assist you with viewing and interacting with our hotel website:
- Click here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards
- Click here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing web pages without a variety of modern browser features
- Click here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.